Yesterday, I published a “Digital" Annual Report for Linsey Corbin 2012.
Today, I’m answering the question: Why a “Digital" Annual Report? The top 5 reasons for running down this “Digital" path–as opposed to simple pdf or infographic–include:
1. Content Management System. I chose a Wordpress framework for this site because this is a user interface I’m familiar with, and I have a web developer/designer I like (Jonas). I ended up with 33 posts and 83 images, so managing this content, as opposed to being buried by the content management was critical.
2. Multi- Media. I wanted to share the year through graphics, images, banners, and video. Once again, the digital framework provided luxuries where other mediums fell short.
3. Share-ability. A static image is easily shared, but the ability to share your favorite detail (e.g. peddled a bike the distance from Seattle to Sydney) doesn’t exist. With the framework applied, you can share each individual element.
4. Link. Although, SEO has changed with Google Panda, links still matter, and this framework allowed links to our brand partners.
5. Measure. My digital marketing recipe generally consists of: 1)idea, 2)build, 3)content, and 4) measure. This digital structure has embedded analytics to measure a response. Not only can we quantify the views, but also determine which content readers viewed and for how long.